Health Information Mgmt Clerk - Hospital (PRN)
|Title:||Health Information Mgmt Clerk - Hospital (PRN)|
DescriptionMethodist McKinney Hospital has an opening for a PRN HIM/Medical Records Clerk for our busy Health Information Management Department. We are located McKinney, Texas which is was listed in Money Magazine as the No. 2 Best Place to Live. Our hospital strives to maintain high patient care and quality. We serve all to the best of our ability while supporting the mission, vision, values and strategic goals of Methodist McKinney Hospital.
The required qualifications and skills for this great opportunity are:
Responsible for updating and maintaining patient’s health records. This position is also responsible for maintaining records in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern medical records.
- Two years of credentialing/enrollment experience in a healthcare setting.
- Proficiency in creating and updating Excel spreadsheets.
- Responsible for locating, retrieving, requesting, logging, delivering, filing, assembling, performing, analysis and re-analysis of records and/or reports.
- Performing the physician suspension process.
- Assisting Medical Staff in the completion of records.
- Facilitating the hospital staff transcription process.
- Answering and processing telephone requests.
- Creating, running and/or printing reports for the reduction of Bill Hold or for compliance/regulatory review on a regular basis.
- Release of information per hospital policy, state and federal regulations, and HIPPA guidelines.
- Identifying system deficiencies, investigates difficulties, recommends corrective action or needed enhancements to Manager.
- Performing system analysis and development related to the support of the document imaging system.
- Maintains current working knowledge of HIM dept applications and how they are used in department operations. Serves as a resource to HIM department management and staff, and to physicians to resolve work flow issues.
- Planning, testing, training, and installing of new features and fixes to EHR.
- Working closely with imaging system administrator and other information services staff in regards to EHR product.
- Providing daily monitoring and management of work queues and monitors reports from IS system and EHR.
- Maintaining active involvement with forms verification process before being entered into the document imaging system.
- Interacts with others (co-employees, management, physicians, patients, visitors, vendors) in a professional and tactful manner including treating them with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit, converse, and listen; use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must be able to life and/or carry over 20 pounds on a regular basis and be able to push/pull over 25 pounds on a regular basis.
- The employee must be able to stand and/or walk at least five hours per day.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications