Medicare Patient Account Collector - HOSPITAL
|Title:||Medicare Patient Account Collector - HOSPITAL|
DescriptionMethodist McKinney Hospital has an opening for an experienced Patient Account Representative for our growing Business Office. We are located in McKinney, Texas which is listed in Money Magazine as the No. 2 Best Place to Live. Our hospital strives to maintain high patient care and quality. We serve all to the best of our ability while supporting the mission, vision, values and strategic goals of Methodist McKinney Hospital.
We offer a competitive benefit package which includes medial, dental, vision, life insurance, dependent life insurance, PTO, paid holidays, 401K and profit sharing.
The required qualifications and skills for this great opportunity are:
Position is responsible for working the accounts receivable to collect outstanding balances from insurance companies and patients to include working all claim denials, appeal of improper payments and resolution of credit balances.
- High School graduate required
- Required a minimum of four years of hospital collections experience in a hospital business office.
- Must have experience with Medicare collections
- Experience with DDE for Medicare
- Proven experience in customer service
- Experience in third party payer requirements preferred
- Automated billing systems experience required
- Training/experience in business office activities preferred
- Answers patient and family member questions regarding financial responsibility and explains insurance requirements and refers questions to healthcare professionals when appropriate.
- Communicates pertinent information from the physician, support staff, insurance companies and other significant parties to the patient.
- Reports regularly to the Business Office Manager about the status of current projects or workflow.
- Discuss financial obligations with patient or family member, explaining the fees and reimbursement process.
- At patient request, provides a written explanation of estimated fee schedules prior to surgery and documents it in the patients medical record.
- Follows-up with third party payers and patients for services received in accordance to Facility Policy and Procedures.
- Maintains current information on claims adjudication and payment policies on all encountered third party payers and government intermediaries.
- Maintains current information on correct and lawful practices in billing government and private payers for ambulatory surgical care.
- Monitors accounts receivable to identify billing errors, and timely rebilling.
- Follows-up on past due accounts with patient or payers.
- Reports status of accounts receivable as requested.
- Provides management reports to the Business Office Manager on a monthly basis per protocol.
- Assumes clerical duties and responsibilities as necessary.
- Follow-up on outstanding Medicare account balances in a timely manner.
- Submit adjustments for Medicare Contracted amounts.
Methodist McKinney Hospital is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications