|Title:||Admit Registration Clerk (Mornings)|
|Department:||Physical Therapy Clinic|
We are looking for an energetic, self starter who can coordinate the reception area activities of our Physical Therapy Clinic. This candidate should also by highly confident individual who can performs clerical and reception duties. Medical Clerical experience preferred.
Methodist McKinney Hospital is a joint venture partnership between area physicians, Methodist Health System and Nueterra. The vision of local physicians, the hospital provides patient- and wellness-focused inpatient, outpatient and emergency care to the residents of McKinney and surrounding communities.
Methodist McKinney Hospital offers specialized care for Cardiology, ENT, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Gynecology, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, Pain Management, Podiatry, and Primary Care.
To provide quality and compassionate care for our patients, incomparable service to our physicians and an empowering workplace for our employees.
To be recognized as the hospital of choice in the communities we serve by creating a destination medical center that sets the standard for superior healthcare delivery.
Servant Leadership – the service to others guides our actions
Enthusiasm – the celebration of our work as caregivers and healers
Respect – the courtesy extended to our employees and patrons
Visionary – embracing the changing needs of the community
Integrity – conducting our business in an honest and ethical manner
Compassion – providing service in a welcoming and caring environment
Excellence – the commitment to high standards of quality and performance
Two years clerical experience preferred.
Strong communication skills required.
- Admits patients to the Facility following the established policies and procedures.
- Assembles patient medical record forms and prepares patient identification.
- Obtains pertinent information to register patient and attaches proper means to document patient identity.
- Provides pertinent information to the patients family in the waiting area according to policies and procedures.
- Monitors waiting area.
- Coordinates reception area activities for effective communication with all areas of the Facility.
- Answers telephone and intercom courteously and in a quiet, pleasant voice.
- Accepts and relays messages effectively.
- Informs physician’s office of admissions and activities concerning admissions.
- Maintains and protects each patient’s right to confidentiality.
- Identifies emergencies and initiates appropriate response.
- Assumes clerical duties and responsibilities as necessary.
- Assists in ordering and stocking supplies.
- Maintains order and cleanliness of the front desk.
- Prepares all bank deposits following Facility cash controls.
- Coordinates obtaining diagnostic tests and places diagnostic test reports in appropriate section of patient medical record.
- Generate and distribute Physician Check List monthly.
- Prepares CQI report from Physician Check List responses.
- Monitors computer system for proper daily back-up process.
- Verifies Insurance for patient.
- Prepares monthly volume reports.
- Enters patient charges daily.
- Scans patient medical records.
- Schedules and confirms patient appointments.